Friday, April 25, 2008

Challenge Blogs!!!

You know I love a good challenge blog. Here are a few layouts I have done this week, 2 are for challenge blogs one is for the Scrap Me and Pass it on game we have going on at Creative Scrap Land.

Chillin' At Binder Park Zoo this is for Color Combos Galore

The challenge is to use seal brown - (pale) mustard - celadon - pumpkin together in a layout.

Your True Colors this is for Scrapdragons, this is my first time doing a challenge for that blog and I had a lot of fun doing it. The picture didn't turn out well, the cardstock is more of a butter yellow, than the blah color it looks in the picture. (only 2 weeks til my new camera gets here).

The challenge was to create a modern funky paper piecing. I used a couple of my butterfly stamps and stamped on the back of the papers. Then I cut out around the stamped image. The top wings are adhered to the bottom wings with foam dots.

The flower is two hand cut circles the orange one, and the black and white polka dot one. The black and white polka dot circle, I cut into a spiral, and wrinkled it up a bit to give it a little more texture. Then I added a small punched circle of yellow and a blue brad to the middle. The stem is a twisted ribbon.





and here is my layout for the Scrap Me and Pass it on game at Creative Scrap Land

Thanks for taking a peek, check back tomorrow, I'll have a few more layouts to share.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great work with the colours for the color combo blog, love the spotty background - thanks for joining us :)

Love the butterflies and the spiral on the next page too, fab details.

Unknown said...

cute page!