Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Empty Nest,IIM, Scrapdragons, birds and fairies.

When I was younger and spent time in Illinois at my Aunt Kathy's house. If Jill or Marc were out at night, Aunt Kathy would say mother hen doesn't rest until all her chicks are in the nest. Well this mother hen's chick are out of the nest until Thursday, and if I don't figure out how to get some rest I'm going to be a grumpy hen. Around 4am, I finally got my brain to slow down and I fell asleep. The problem is that no matter what time I fall asleep I'm up at 7am.


While I was awake I took full advantage of being alone with my scrapping supplies. :)


I created this layout for the I inspire me blog. OMG, you have to check out that blog, if the header alone doesn't put you in a scrappy mood, then it's time to put away the adhesive for a few days. The concept of the I inspire me blog is that we inspire ourselves, we use our lives, the things we love, our homes as inspiration. Can you tell I'm really excited about this blog?LOL


I am also really excited about this layout I created for the challenge.


It's based on this set of dishes my mom gave me.


I love theses dishes.



I used the birds and flowers as my inspiration and the wheat color of the sunflower and bird wings.



My Girl






Supplies:



Paint: Making memories(wheat).



Flowers: Prima



Stamps: Stampin' Up (birds) Pink Paislee (Girl)



Cardstock: unknown, it was RAKed to me, it has a little glimmer to it.



Birdhouse: Unknown, it's been in my stash for ever, I am glad I finally used it.



For the dot's I use the pointy end of American Crafts transfer tool and dipped it into the paint.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



I also created a layout for the latest Scrapdragons challenge. The challenge is to scrap you obsessive compulsive disorder. Mine is that I have to check things again and again and again.



Just Checking






I wasn't sure what picture to use, until I came across this Polaroid of me holding Bree, Alyssa, Becca and Taylor. This had to be taken in 2000. I had forgotten all about it.



Supplies:


Cardstock: Bazzill


Rubons: American crafts (flowers and letters) Basic Grey (checks)


Stickers: AC thickers and Bo bunny.


everything else is unknown, I'm on a spending freeze so I'm using older stuff from my stash.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


I got a small, Whitman sampler around Christmas time and knew I wanted to save the box for something. It sat on a shelf, unloved until last night, when I came across some stickers. I didn't get a before picture but here is the after.




Now it's a springtime shadow box. I added some stickles. I love that bird with the worm in its mouth.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



Now as promised in an earlier post, the fairies. :)



This is the one I got in the RAK from Vicki. The picture really does her no Justice, I wish you could see her IRL. This little fairy is adorable.


Here is the one I made, with the awesome RAK Vicki sent. Thank Vicki! I had so much fun making this fairy.
I used lots of stickles, but I like the glimmer on Vicki's fairies wings better ;)

Before I go I want to remind you about the 1 hour sketch challenge over at Creative Scrapper. You'll have one hour to create a layout based on the sketch and 15 minutes to post the layout. You can check out the details here.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

taryn said...

Angie, so many beautiful, beautiful projects in this post!! I love the layout inspired by the beautiful dishes your mom gave you! I am heading over to check out I inspire me. YOU have inspired ME today! :) Keep on creating!

Chris said...

aweseom awesome awesome work girl!!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. your's is fantastic! So glad you enjoyed the fairy and the goodies. It was fun putting together.. and I loved that I got to send it to "you".

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH.. I'm thrilled you played along with the "inspiration blog" challenge! Your inspiration and layout are fantastic!

Scrapdragons said...

wow these are all so cool!!

Benga said...

lovely projects! I like the tilting of your frame in your LO just checking, great details! tnx for playing at scrapdragons!


-Marix

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

awesome projects! Love your Just Checking layout!
Veronica
Scrapdragons!