It seems like I haven't posted in forever. It has been one hell of a week, thank goodness it's over.
Saturday - Our transformer was struck by lightning. (Dan was at the cabin)
Sunday - I checked the basement and there was no water. (So I figured it would be OK, it hadn't rained anymore)
- Was told that our electricity would be on no later than Tuesday. (which was true)
-Took some food to my moms house to store in her freezer.
- Did some laundry at my moms.
-Dan got home, then came down to my moms house.
-We had dinner, then Dan and Brianna left and me and the other girls left shortly after.
- I pulled in the driveway and Brianna came running out of the pole barn, yelling. Dan had fallen off a ladder.
- I ran in the pole barn and there he was standing there, his shins black, blue and bloody. He said he was alright.
- We all go in the house. There's 3 inches of water in the basement. (Oh crap!)
- Dan pulls one of the basement windows open so we can hook generator up to the sub pump. The window completely shatters on him, cutting his arms. He will not let me take him to the ER.
- My phone rings, its my credit card company calling to conform the $2000.00 purchase I made on line that day. WTF!! I haven't used my credit card since before Christmas!!!!!!!
- Trying to keep a hold of my sanity, I help Alyssa pack for her class trip, before the sun goes all the way down and we have to use flash lights.
- After getting the kids to bed Dan and I go into fits of hysterical laughter, because . . . well what else could we do?
It was an awful weekend, but threw it all I kept thinking how blessed I am. I love my family and the life we have.
The rest of the week was not as bad. Alyssa was gone on her class trip until Wednesday, that turned out pretty good for her. When our we got our electricity back we learned that our Internet antenna was fried, and we just got it back today. So Dan is alive, but sore, we have electricity and now we have internet too.
Now for the excitement. (for me anyway)