Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The last day of school / Alyssa's Birthday party.

Last Friday was the girls last day of school. To celebrate Alyssa's Birthday she was having 5 girls ride the bus home with her and spend the night. We also invited some people over for a cookout in the evening. Here is how Friday went...



7:30 a.m. got some bad news that would prove to throw me off the rest of the day. (nobody died, I'm just not ready to share the news yet.)



8:00 a.m. Take the girls to the bus stop.



8:05 a.m Get a call on my cell, that my niece Taylor is sick and won't be coming to the party.



8:08 a.m. The girls get on the bus and I head to Lapeer to get groceries.



10:00 a.m I get home, put away the groceries, do a little cleaning. Make a pasta salad for the cookout, and a grape salad (a recipe one of the other softball moms gave me.)



11:50 p.m. bottle of sunscreen randomly explodes. (weird, right?)



12:15 p.m. I go back to the bus stop



12:35 p.m. My girls get off the bus and only 2 extras. The other girl who was coming to the party got sick at school.



12:38 p.m. Drop all the girls off with Dan and run to the store for sunscreen. (Rebecca is super sensitive to the sun, without sunscreen she can't even go outside.)



12:58 p.m. Get to the store, walk past the bakery. And think OMG CAKE!!!!!!!!! I had totally forgotten about a birthday cake. Stand at the bakery for 10 minutes and try to decide on the cake Alyssa will hate the least. In the end I decided on this bird house garden cake, because I thought the big green cabbages were neat.


1:30 p.m. Back home.

4:00 p.m. One of the girls Alyssa has over to spend the night gets sick.

4:20 p.m. Girl goes home

5:30 to 8:30 We eat, have cake and ice cream, and Alyssa opens her presents.

8:45 p.m. Alyssa gets sick, and almost everyone leaves. Except Alyssa's two friends, they stay and sleep in the camper with Becca and Bree, while Alyssa sleeps inside.

And that is how we have spent our summer so far. To make it up to Alyssa for having such a crappy Birthday, we are having a girls day out Thursday. We are going shopping and to lunch, but we have to be home intime for me to go to work and for softball. ~Calgon take me away~

4 comments:

taryn said...

Oh my Angie! That's one sadly dissolving day! I hope you have a great time on your girls' day out though!!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

awwww what a sucky/sick day ya'll had.. but hey, I think the cake you bought was AWESOME and CUTE! Im sure you will have a great time once everyone is feeling better and you get to have that girls day out!

ps: Im always here if you need to chat.. keep your chin up. Love!

Carol A. said...

Oh my gosh Angie.....you really had it, didn't you? I feel so bad for Alyssa but it sounds like Thursday will be a great day for you gals. Have fun!

Gina said...

Well that doesn't sound like a good way to spend her birthday . . . I hope she's feeling better now! :)