Thursday, September 24, 2009

A little update, and some scrapping.

It's been a few days since I have posted anything, so I wanted to give you a quick update.

Today was my Aunt Joyce's funeral, and my Grandma is taking this so hard, my heart is broken for her. This week has been rough, and in this family we never suffer one tragedy at a time, my Grandma's sister Theresa is expected to pass before the end of the week.

Of course with all the sadness, God is merciful enough to throw in some comic relief. Before the funeral some of the family was meeting at my Mom's house and driving together to the Church. Dan had to be at M works early and I had to get the girls off to school. So we met at my Mom's. After the funeral Dan went right to Alyssa's bus stop, and I stopped and picked up some pizza for dinner.


I got home first and realized that I had the car keys, but not my set of blazer keys with me, and my blazer keys have the house keys on them. So I was locked out. I sat on the porch for about 10 minutes, Dan and Alyssa should have been home long before me, so I called Dan. The school bus had broken down just down the road from Alyssa's bus stop. Dan had been calling all the parents of the kids that he knew and getting permission to drive them to our house. So they didn't have to wait on the bus. Thank goodness we only ended up with three extra kids. It worked out nice I drove one girl home and the others were picked up. After having pizza of course. It was really funny, but I guess you had to be there.


This week we picked the watermelon from our garden. Bree calls this her twilight watermelon pose. LOL


We have also began operation fix up. We are going to be fixing and painting alot in the coming weeks. We are starting with Alyssa's bedroom. I'll post pictures when we get it finished. Here are some of the paint color chips and booklets we picked up at The Home Depot, tomorrow we are going to pick up a new exterior door, I am so excited.
I, oddly enough have been scrapping a lot. I moved my scrappin space into my bedroom and it is working out wonderfully. And looking at all the paint colors for Operation fix up has really got me inspired. Here are a few layouts that I have recently finished.

#1
I am loving these "Scrappin' Sports & More" papers.

STRIKE


GARDEN GIRL
For this one I use In The Garden paper from the Young and Active Seasons line. I love this paper. I also used cardstock stickers from this line for the center of the two smaller flowers.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Please accept my condoelences!!!!!
I love your scrapping - you're being "lifted" on my blog. ;)
Have a great weekend - hugs!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

WOWWWWW I am in love with that garden girl layout! I love the other 2 as well. Im so happy you are getting to do some scrappy stuff!

The house projects sound like sooo much fun!

Im also sending you a big hug for your loss... it was nice that you posted the comic relief to add to it all!

ps: I like the Twilight reference to the watermelon! heee