Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love this one.

HERES YOUR SIGN


Supplies-Paper: Pink Paislee, October Afternoon flowers: Prima Stamp: Stampin' up Ink: Color box.


I am really pleased with this layout. This may sound silly, but ever since I heard Larry the Cable Guy say "Here's your sign", I've been wanting to create a layout using this stamp from Stampin' Up. Its sign language sign for I love you. As a family we use this sign all the time, when Alyssa is out on the pitchers mound, I'll flash her the sign as encouragement, or when Rebecca is out in the field or standing on a base ready to run, if they happen to glance in my direction I'll flash them the sign. I held my hand up and gave Brianna the sign when she was in the Halloween parade last year and she held her hand up and shot me the sign back. My children have asked me not to be a screaming fan of theirs, so the sign has replaced the "GO REBECCA/ALYSSA/BRIANNA." I still slip up once in a while and cheer them on loudly, Alyssa almost died from embarrassment last softball season when she struck out three batters in a row and I stood up and yelled "That's my baby!" what can I say I'm their biggest fan. So yes, this layout is silly and funny, I mean it is based on a saying by Larry the Cable Guy, but it also has a very significant meaning to me.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Tuesday night was the 1 hour sketch contest at Creative Scrappers. The contest started at 9:00p.m. my time and ended at 10:00p.m. and we had 15 minutes after that to get our completed layouts up loaded to the gallery. I had to work until 9:30p.m. so I took a quick look at the sketch once it was posted at 9:00. I had taken the paper and picture that i wanted to use to work with me so I was all ready. I worked on my layout until 9:20 then had to pack up my supplies and get ready to go. I left work at 9:30 and got home at 9:50, just in time to put the title on my layout and take a picture of it. I was really lucky Kristine picked out an easy sketch that fit my papers perfectly.

TEN

There will be another 1 hour sketch contest next month. If you didn't participate this time you should next time its a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Margee' said...

Great LO's Angie. I need to get back to making some too!